Vocal Discoveries Studio Lesson Tuition and Studio Policies for 2017-2018
Lesson Tuition The monthly lesson tuition is due at the first lesson of each month. The tuition takes into consideration various holidays throughout the year plus possible vacation days taken by the student or by me. Tuition covers not only the actual lesson time spent with the student, but time preparing for each student. This includes: an individual plan for each student's course of study; development of teaching materials; recital preparation and repertoire planning; professional organization memberships; continuing education; music lending library. Family discounts are available. *Voice or Piano Lessons: 30 minute lesson once a week - $150.00 a month *Voice or Piano Lessons: 45 minute lesson once a week - $175.00 a month *Voice or Piano Lessons: 60 minute lesson once a week - $200.00 a month *Combined Voice and Piano Lessons: 60 minute lesson once a week - $200.00 a month *One-time Audition Coaching: 60 minute session $50.00 Payment Methods
Lessons can be paid for by cash or by check made out to Peggy Schaaf or Vocal Discoveries Studio.
Monthly tuition is due at the first lesson of each month. A late fee of $5.00 will be added to any monthly tuition that is not paid by the 10th of the month.
An invoice will be sent by email to adult students or students’ parents at the end of each month for the upcoming month’s lessons. The invoice will show the following information:
1. scheduled lessons
2. monthly tuition with payment due date
3. previous payments for lessons/monthly tuition or credits to your account (for lessons missed due to illness or conflicts that could not be made up)
4. additional fees for lesson books, special sheet music purchases requested by student, special karaoke music downloads, special music arrangements, or any other additional fees.
5. and special announcements.
If you do not receive your invoice by the first of the month, please let me know.
1. Please inform me as soon as possible when you know that you will miss scheduled lessons for any reason. If possible, a make-up lesson will be arranged. Please do not attend lessons if you are sick.
2. If I have to cancel your lesson due to illness or conflict, you will be informed as soon as possible by phone or email. If possible, a make-up lesson will be arranged.
3. Missed lessons without notification from the student or parent, will be charged.
4. Vocal Discoveries Studio is open year-round. You will be notified in advance of closings due to holidays and vacations.
5. Please be on time for lessons. Please allow time for possible traffic delays.
6. When I am teaching, I am unavailable for calls. If you are running late or have become ill and cannot attend your lesson, leave a message. I will check for a message if you have not arrived at your scheduled time.
7. Students are encouraged to bring their music and assignment books to all of their lessons. We will be making notes in the music which will help the student while practicing at home.
8. Students are encouraged to practice at home. Muscle memory is created through practice. They will progress more quickly and enjoy their instrument (voice or piano) more if they practice.
9. Voice students should have a three-ring binder. They will be given sheet music (hole-bunched and ready for the notebook) and practice CDs of songs and exercises.
10. It is helpful for piano students to keep their books in a bag. It helps to keep everything together.
I have been teaching music for 40+ years. My experience includes working with students from preschool through college in public and private schools in five states and church groups from preschoolers up to seniors (55+). Ten years ago, I established Vocal Discoveries Studio in my home to help students achieve their goals as musicians and to learn voice, piano and theory in a relaxed environment. Thank you for choosing Vocal Discoveries Studio!
Vocal Discoveries Studio
5606 Grove Cove Drive
McKinney, TX 75071
Professional memberships: National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS), Somatic Voiceworks™ - The LoVetri Method (SVW), Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), Texas Music Teachers National Association (TMTA), and the Plano Music Teachers Association (PMTA).